PASSION & PURPOSE: Day 7
- Jesus never attempted to justify His schedule or make excuses for any aspect of it. He didn’t say, as many people do today, “I just needed to get away,” or “Please forgive me, but I just don’t have time to …” Jesus lived His entire life without relying on the approval of other people. He sought only to please His heavenly Father and do what God told Him to do (John 5:19).
- Jesus was never hurried or flustered when it came to His schedule. He didn’t rush from place to place. In fact, for purposes that were a mystery to His close followers, He willfully waited in Jericho even after He received news that Lazarus was very ill (John 11:6). We know in retrospect that He did that for the wonderful purpose of raising Lazarus from the dead (John 11:43-44). But at the time, Jesus’ disciples certainly didn’t understand His apparent laid-back approach to the situation.
- Jesus didn’t find His schedule to be stressful. He did the things that were important and let the unimportant things go by.
- What am I doing?
- Which of these things is absolutely vital to my fulfilling my potential and purpose, doing what God’s created me to be and do?
- What do I really need to do, what do I need to let others do, and what doesn’t need to be done at all?